SONG KEEPERS, Ltd. (Song Keepers) is a 501c3, non-profit, professional arts and education organization formed in 2012; dedicated to the preservation and continuation of traditional and contemporary music and oral traditions of Native American people; as well as collaborating with and supporting efforts to organize and mobilize native people around social justice and economic development efforts.Our goal is to expand and enhance the social and educational experiences and opportunities of our communities through the development and implementation of programs, project and events that engage our communities as presenters, participants and audiences. In addition, Song Keepers, Ltd. partnered with the National Congress of Black American Indians around organizing the Black Indian communities of New England around social, and economic issues effecting indigenous people living in urban, suburban and rural communities.
|Percussionist, Eddie Ray Johnson teaching as aspiring drummer at a workshop.|
- Alcohol Free social events in promotions of a healthy lifestyle.
- Media Arts Workshops for Youth & Adults.
- After-school Music programs for elementary, Jr and Sr High School students.
- Music Workshops & Residences in collaboration with organizations and institutions.
- "The Red Clay Dialogues"- a civic engagement project, offering presentations of social and economic issues and opportunities of interest the First Nation and Black communities of Boston and Eastern Massachusetts.
For More Information:
SONG KEEPERS, LTD
P.O. Box 2151
Mashpee, MA 02649